Business Actor figure

Started by Mark Janssen, May 22, 2015, 09:39:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Janssen

Is there any reason the business actor element only has the box figure and not the boxless figure?

According to http://pubs.opengroup.org/architecture/archimate2-doc/chap03.html#_Toc371945158 both forms are allowed.

I tried to search the forum and the github issues, but couldn't find anything on this.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Phil will confirm if needed, but my guess is that it's not easy to use icons instead of box (a box includes the label and can be resized but the icon should not be resized and has the label under it). So most all alternative figures implemented are those that are still boxes.

Another answer would be: sticky man sucks ;-)

Regards,

JB
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Mark Janssen

Hi,

I suspected as much and even though stickman sucks, it's more digestible for the business users where I work.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Quote from: Mark Janssen on May 22, 2015, 12:21:30 PM
[...]even though stickman sucks, it's more digestible for the business users where I work.

This raises a more global question: maybe stickyman is more digestible but what about all other ArchiMate elements ? My guess is that either your stakeholders will not "accept" ArchiMate or on the opposite they adhere and accept the real Actor figure (the box one).

If not already done, I suggest reading this post on Gerben's blog

Regards,

JB
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Phil Beauvoir

There is a stick man figure in the Sketch view. Might be possible to add this as an alternative to the ArchiMate box figure.

Mark Janssen

Quote from: Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie on May 22, 2015, 12:43:22 PM
Hi,

This raises a more global question: maybe stickyman is more digestible but what about all other ArchiMate elements ? My guess is that either your stakeholders will not "accept" ArchiMate or on the opposite they adhere and accept the real Actor figure (the box one).

If not already done, I suggest reading this post on Gerben's blog

Regards,

JB

I couldn't agree more, Archimate would definitely not be digestible for the business stakeholders here. Arrows, stickmen and boxes are about the limit. I was just trying to use the same tool to create both views. That said, the sketch view is what I was looking for.