Switching to the official ArchiMate User Community Platform ?

Started by Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie, November 26, 2020, 19:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we close this specific board and use the ArchiMate User Community Platform instead?

Yes
9 (90%)
No
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

For the exact same reasons explained in this post, and to avoid fragmentation of ArchiMate related knowledge, I would like to close this part of the forum which is related to ArchiMate only and not Archi, and have all discussions about the standard taking place in the new ArchiMate User Community Platform.

Prior any real decision, I'd like to have your feedback on this, so could you please provide feedback on this idea?

Regards,

JB

If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Hervé

Hi JB,

I believe it's always a good thing to centralise information as a golden source rather than having segmented knowledge.

Best regards
Hervé

rchevallier

Nice to centralize. However IMHO the ergonomy of the Archimate User Community Platform is not great:
* complex to navigate
* using "Issues" tracker instead of a simple forum for discussion

Eric Vendeville

Hi JB,

I agree with both posts above (from Hervé and Robert)...

Sorry, I am aware this doesn't help much...  :-[

Best regards,
Eric.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Re complexity, here are some news: In order to hide GitLab as much as possible, a new landing page has been created. You can have a look here: http://archimate-user-community.pages.community.opengroup.org.

It still forward to Gitlab issues, wiki and repo for the moment, but wiki and repo will be completely hidden soon. Only Issues will still be available through GitLab (though it could be possible to create a simplified read-only view), but people can already create an account and thus receive notifications through emails, and it will soon be possible to also comment or create an issue through email. This should make it unnecessary in the short terme to actually see GitLab UI for most use-cases.

Regards,

JB
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Phil Beauvoir

It makes sense to keep this forum focussed on Archi and to use the ArchiMate User Community Forum for ArchiMate related questions. Another good reason is that, apart from our resident ArchiMate expert here, JB, the AUC is also frequented by Gerben Wierda and Marc Lankhorst.

So I'll make this sub-forum read only.

Please make your way to https://community.opengroup.org/archimate-user-community/home/-/issues for all ArchiMate language discussions.