Archi 5 Colours - Help!

Started by Scratchydisk, March 22, 2023, 09:54:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scratchydisk

Hello,

First, thanks for the great work on the product.

Now the problem.  I understand that there are theme / colour issues in Archi 5 due to the new version of Eclipse in use.

That said, I'm finding it impossible to get a usable theme on Windows 10.

I have three issues, in descending order of annoyance:

• In all themes trying to edit a connector's label inline uses the same font colour as the background colour, so it's not possible to see the text.  See the attached images for two examples. Theme Dark.png ThemeClassic.png
  • The same problem exists in the model navigator where the text on the nodes is the same as the background. Except for the Dark theme, which makes it the only usable one.
  • The dark theme has a grey background on the views. Thankfully exporting an image of a view shows it as white, but it's a pain to work with, and I can't see how to change this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Phil Beauvoir

Hi,

Quote1. In all themes trying to edit a connector's label inline uses the same font colour as the background colour, so it's not possible to see the text. 

I'm not seeing that problem here. In all themes the font is visible.

Quote2. The same problem exists in the model navigator where the text on the nodes is the same as the background. Except for the Dark theme, which makes it the only usable one

Again, I'm not seeing that here.

Do you have some particular setting on Windows that might affect font colours?

Quote3. The dark theme has a grey background on the views. Thankfully exporting an image of a view shows it as white, but it's a pain to work with, and I can't see how to change this.

The view background used to be white in the dark theme. Many users complained, so I made it darker. If you want to edit the theme, it's CSS and you can edit that particular setting at "<Archi Install Dir>\plugins\com.archimatetool.editor.themes_XXXXXXXX\themes\eclipse\css\dark\archi-dark-styling.css" and change the value of "background-color".
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Scratchydisk

Thanks for the prompt answer.

This is my vanilla work machine. I deliberately don't change any settings on it, so it's out of the box:

* Dell XPS 15 9510
* Windows 10 Enterprise V 22H2
* Core i9-11900H
* NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Laptop GPU.

I've not seen any issues with other software.

I'll take a look at changing the css.

I'll also update Archi on my personal Linux box tonight and see how that looks.

Scratchydisk

My Linux machine is fine, it must be something with my laptop. 

Changing the CSS got me what I wanted, so thanks for pointing me to that path.

Would it be possible to have a new theme in the next release with this pre-defined?  Say "Dark with White Canvas"