Error when (only) Refreshing my local repository. Known bug?

Started by Yost67, February 04, 2024, 17:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yost67

It seems like Refreshing a local repository generates an error if nothing changed locally...

Today I tried to refresh my repository after not working in Archi for 3 weeks. My Change History shows my last Commit/Publish at January 14th. After selecting Refresh Model from the Collaboration menu, I have to type in my password, after that Archi tries to login to the gitlab server and responds with an error.

I checked if my password was correct, if VPN was running and if I could access the gitlab server using its web interface. Everything works fine. I try to Refresh again, and get the connection error again. I do a Commit and Archi responds with "Nothing to Commit". I try to Refresh, and get the connection error.

Now I create a new view with one element. I Commit this change and it Commits. I Publish the change and Archi publishes the change to the central repository. But it also refreshes my local repository with the changes my colleagues made the last 3 weeks; my Change History now shows changes at January 25 and 26, before showing my change of today.

Is this a know bug? Or is something wrong in our server or local setup? Thanks for any insights.

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Quote from: Yost67 on February 04, 2024, 17:07:04 PMIs this a know bug? Or is something wrong in our server or local setup?

I've never had this issue (nor any of my colleagues), so I assume the issue is on your overall setup.

Regards,

JB
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Yost67

I'm still experiencing this error behaviour, and cannot figure out what is wrong. This is the error message:

org.eclipse.jgit.api.errors.WrongRepositoryStateException: Cannot pull into a repository with state: MERGING_RESOLVED
   at org.eclipse.jgit.api.PullCommand.call(PullCommand.java:220)
   at org.archicontribs.modelrepository.grafico.ArchiRepository.pullFromRemote(ArchiRepository.java:227)
   at org.archicontribs.modelrepository.actions.RefreshModelAction.pull(RefreshModelAction.java:189)
   at org.archicontribs.modelrepository.actions.RefreshModelAction$1$1.run(RefreshModelAction.java:113)
   at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:434)
   at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:352)
   at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:470)
   at org.archicontribs.modelrepository.actions.RefreshModelAction$1.run(RefreshModelAction.java:105)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:40)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:132)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:4368)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3991)
   at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1155)
   at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:338)
   at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1046)
   at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:155)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.lambda$3(Workbench.java:643)
   at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:338)
   at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:550)
   at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:171)
   at com.archimatetool.editor.Application.start(Application.java:70)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:203)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:136)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:402)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)
   at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:659)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:596)
   at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1467)