Screen artifacts on scrolling

Started by pds, May 05, 2017, 09:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pds

I have a Dell XPS15 with a 4k screen. The machine is set to the default 250% scaling. If I zoom a diagram over 100% and then scroll I get artefacts like the attached.

This does not happen when setting scaling to 200% but then the text is too small for me. Any idea? I don't believe it's a graphic driver problem because it happens using both the intel and NVidia GPUs. Probably an Eclipse issue? If so, any workaround?

Latest RC version.

Phil Beauvoir

Hi, I'm afraid I can't diagnose this problem without access to that particular setup. This one will require community help.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

pds

I've tried this on my desktop PC - exactly the same issue at 250% and it's using a nvidia 1060. Perhaps you can set your machine to 250% and see?

Phil Beauvoir

Mine will only scale to 175%. I tried that and it seems OK. This needs to be tested by another user.

Edit - I got it to 200% and all was OK. I don't have a high DPI monitor, though. It's a 1920x1080.
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Phil Beauvoir

You could see if it happens with another Eclipse-based tool that uses the graphical framework:

https://www.modelio.org/

Phil Beauvoir

Update - I set it to 250% and I could see some artefacts when scrolling - white lines. Clicking in the diagram and editing or doing another action cleared it.

I think this is going to be one of those conflicts between the Eclipse drawing library and the operating system. As I said, if it occurs with other Eclipse-based tools then there's nothing I can do about it, unless Eclipse can identify the issue.

Edit - I tried with Eclipse's graphical XSD editor at 250% scaling with a zoomed window - there were some artefacts of lines. I guess the next thing to do will be to see if anyone else has reported this as an issue against Eclipse's Draw2d and/or GEF frameworks.