Generate view when using relations on the flow relation

Started by TT, August 30, 2017, 09:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TT

Im not sure if this is a bug or a feature ;)

I wan't to describe the data integration between two applications with an ESB between.
Im using the association relation on the flow integration to show what kind of data are being transfered. By using this, it's very easy to understand for some of our end users.

When I click on "genrerate view" on the data object (HR Data), i just get the data object on the new genereated view and not the connected applications.

Is it possibly to change this so I actually can see where the data object are being used (the data object will be reused in many views)?

Thanks,

Phil Beauvoir

Looking at the code for this I can see that it hasn't been implemented yet. Added to the to do list.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Phil Beauvoir

In case anyone want to know, the class needed updating is here:

https://github.com/archimatetool/archi/blob/master/com.archimatetool.editor/src/com/archimatetool/editor/tools/GenerateViewCommand.java

Near the bottom is a comment:

// TODO: A3 add connecting relationships

Workaround in the meantime is to manually add missing elements to the generated View.
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Phil Beauvoir

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie

Hi,

Not related to Phil's answer....

On your example, the relation from "Provider" to "ESB" is a Realization and not a Flow. Is it for a specific reason or just a mistake ?

Regards

JB

Jean-Baptiste Sarrodie