Archi 4.3 Properties

Started by audreykoz, September 20, 2018, 20:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

audreykoz

Hey guys,
I've downloaded Archi 4.3 and am comparing it to 4.2, but I can't seem to pick up on what's new about "Support multi-selection in Properties sections" which was in the release notes for 4.3.
Wasn't this something we already had in 4.2? Or has something else changed and I can't find it.
Thanks!

Phil Beauvoir

In 4.3 if you select multiple objects you can change some attributes that they have in common in the Properties tab - name, documentation, fill color, line color, etc. In 4.2 even if you selected multiple objects it would only change one selected object.
If you value and use Archi, please consider making a donation!
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

audreykoz

Hervé

Hi,

I haven't switch yet to 4.3, but this feature will save me a lot of time.

Thanks a lot
Hervé

Phil Beauvoir

Note that you can also change font, colours, line widths, etc for more than one selected object from the main "Edit" menu. This has always been a feature, but now in 4.3 is available in the Properties tab.
Ask your ArchiMate related questions to the ArchiMate Community's Discussion Board.

Hervé

Yes, I'm already using this feature, but changing properties of several components at one time is very valuable as well ;D

Phil Beauvoir

Note that changing user properties in the table for multiple objects is not (yet) implemented.

Hervé

Archrite

Hello - perhaps i missed this elsewhere, has this feature been added yet?

Phil Beauvoir

Quote from: Archrite on May 30, 2023, 15:51:22 PMHello - perhaps i missed this elsewhere, has this feature been added yet?

Hi, if you mean changing user properties in the table for multiple objects then, no, not yet. There are a number of challenges around that - see https://github.com/archimatetool/archi/issues/339

Phil